Product Stewardship & Regulatory Manager / Sr. Manager – Animal Nutrition
Together, We Can Solve the World’s Greatest Challenges
The solution to many of the most fundamental challenges facing the world today can be found in science. But providing for the food, energy and safety needs of a growing population will require more than science alone. It will require many people working together to devise solutions that improve the lives of people everywhere. DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we’re looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best it can be.
About DuPont Industrial Biosciences
DuPont Industrial Biosciences comprises an unmatched portfolio of capabilities in industrial biotechnology and biobased solutions. The unique combination of agricultural, biotechnology, chemical and material science capabilities allows DuPont Industrial Biosciences to deliver cost-effective products with superior performance and sustainability aspects to a range of industries. Bringing together the expertise from Danisco, Genencor, and DuPont has yielded a unique combination of strengths in enzyme technology, materials science, and bioprocessing. We call it Powered by DuPont™ Genencor® Science. It’s what powers the innovations to help solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our Product Stewardship and Regulatory Team.
Locations: Wilmington, DE
- Provide global strategic feed innovation & approvals coordination and advocacy support across industries and regions.
- Collaborate with individuals at varying company levels with global coordination focus.
- Interact with global business unit leadership, product managers, R&D, and the marketing team.
- Foster cohesion between the global and regional feed teams.
- Liaise cross-regionally in the development and registration of new products.
- Coordinate global project prioritization.
- Coordination of global regulatory compliance for marketed IB products touching the feed industry, in conjunction with regional regulatory staff and product management supporting food industries.
- Global focus on key trade associations across all regions; work with regional team leads on key DuPont IB animal feed & health issues to ensure globally aligned positions.
- Identify and communicate changes in policy; coordinate global efforts across regions to influence national regulations in areas related to the Bioactives feed business through strong advocacy and leadership.
- Monitor globally for emerging trends, policies, regulations and guidance in animal feed & health; analyze and communicate regulatory intelligence.
- Evaluate implications of product and process changes, and advise innovation teams and product management on regulatory implications of options and regulatory paths for product clearance of new IB product lines touching the animal feed/pet food industry.
- Prepare and/or oversee compilation of regulatory dossier submissions to North American Animal Feed authorities, in conjunction with global product stewardship & regulatory staff.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in determining regulatory strategies for his/her areas of responsibility.
- Continuously assess the regulatory landscape and changes in DuPont innovation, and what is needed for the company in relation to this; implementation of any needed changes.
- Translate goals of the company into a strategic plan for his/her areas of regulatory responsibility.
- Responsible for communication of regulatory strategies and policies, and implementation.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- BS/MS in animal nutrition or life sciences. PhD preferred
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills to drive an employee-driven work culture
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and people skills, attention to detail, ability to work with & lead teams
- In depth knowledge and recognized for leadership & innovation in managing animal feed and/or animal health regulatory or similar program.
- Experienced in interaction with and education of regulatory agencies and trade associations and track record in product clearance/registrations and regulatory advocacy.
- Reasonable competency in computer/software tools needed for job and of systems needed to manage regulatory knowledge and submissions
- Successfully impacted product introductions by providing regulatory guidance and/or successfully influenced decisions at plants to implement change
- Successfully implemented complex/controversial regulatory policies and strategies, and systems to improve data communication
- Demonstrated forming influence on the department (can be in non-technical/scientific manner) and/or strong impact on the success of future products and processes
- Successfully analyzed problems which require an in-depth understanding of the organization (problems often occur simultaneously and need prioritization)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team driven environment
- Experience in preparing clear, accurate regulatory submissions/dossiers or similar documents (e.g., technical reports/scientific papers).