Software Engineer, Informatics
The Software Engineer, Informatics will report to the Informatics Research team lead and will be responsible for working with the other members of the team to deliver software solutions to support Moderna Research. As a Moderna software engineer, you will work directly with users to understand requirements and then work with your team to design, develop, and deploy custom software solutions.
- Work closely with scientists in Research daily to understand complex scientific challenges and design solutions
- Deploy cloud-based applications to AWS using Docker
- Deliver automated algorithms and analytics as part of applications
- Integrate applications with instruments to drive automation and collect data
- Deliver solutions to users in an extremely rapid, agile cycle
- Contribute to many different projects in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- Experience working in Life Sciences, pharma/biotech, or related scientific field
- Proven experience in full stack web application development. Node.js and AngularJS strongly preferred
- Experience with SQL and modeling relational databases. PostgreSQL experience preferred
- Experience designing web services and REST APIs
- Comfort with software development best practices: agile, unit/integration testing, Git
- Effective communicator with comfort working directly with users to understand requirements
- A strong background in analytics, statistics, and machine learning is strongly desired
- Familiarly with Docker and AWS technologies like EC2, S3, SQS, etc.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.