JUNIOR R&T ASSOCIATE IN TELECOMMUNICATION, TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING, OR COMPUTER SCIENCE WITH S...
We are seeking an experienced scientist holding a PhD degree in the specific domain of ITS as well as in Optimization, preferably applied to Public Transport (PT) systems.
The candidate will be working in a research project with major strategical interest for Luxembourg involving public and private partners.
The project aims to design and assess a system approach exploiting the potentials of the new Cooperative Intelligent Transportation Systems (C-ITS) paradigm to meet the requirements of the next generation Public Transport (PT) systems. Such systems put an emphasis on green vehicles, increased comfort, and operating costs reduction.
However, they introduce additional complexity—for instance electric buses need to periodically recharge their batteries on-route using dedicated infrastructure. This not only can impact service level, but also extend operating costs with complex electric charges. In this project we argue that the aforementioned requirements—unsupported by current control methods—can be met by introducing new strategies explicitly optimising the interactions within the PT ecosystem components consisting of PT vehicles, traffic signals, and electric bus charging infrastructure.
· You have a PhD degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication, or Transportation Engineering with strong background in applied Mathematics (Operational Research)
· Experience in developing mobility simulations using SUMO, VISSIM, MATSIM, etc.)
· Experience in optimisation, machine learning and data analytics is considered a strong asset
· Previous experience in public transport operations and electro-mobility are considered as assets
· You have proven experience in object oriented programming in a major language, e.g. C++, C#, Java or Python, as well as analysing data
· Applying machine: learning approaches in R, SPSS and/or MatLab is an asset.
· You are keen to work in an interdisciplinary team at one of the leading research institutions
· Fluency in French or English. Any other language is considered as an asset
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and