The Vrije Universiteit Brussel has been a leading player in the Flemish Higher Education landscape for 40 years. The University numbers 12.000 students and together with its hospital - UZ Brussel - employs more than 6000 people. The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is the largest Dutch speaking employer in the capital.
Teaching and research at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel are founded on the principle of unfettered inquiry to benefit the progress of mankind. This means rejecting dogmatic positions and guaranteeing the freedom to form opinions without interference; in this way the University aims to ensure the dispersal of the principle of unfettered inquiry throughout society.
The following form part of the University's mission:
- the development, the communication and the application of a high level of academic education and scientific research, free from all preconceived ideas;
- the translation of these ideals and knowledge into society in the spirit of social engagement;
- the creation of a society in which everyone is capable of engaging in critical thinking.
Energy Storage: online identification techniques for batteries and electro-thermal modelling
The project aims to develop online identification techniques and advanced electro-thermal models for Li-ion battery and . The knowledge obtained is important for the optimization of the battery systems.
For the evaluation and understanding of usage, it is important to combine mathematical modeling with experimental work.
- Development of evaluation techniques and models
- Writing research reports and scientific articles
- Presenting research at (international) seminars and conferences
- Coach thesis students
For questions related to the content please contact:
Prof. Noshin Omar on +32 2 629 28 39 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate has a Master/Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrochemistry, Material Science, Chemistry or Physics with some experience in electrochemistry.
The candidate should have good theoretical knowledge and interest in both experimental and modeling work. Interest in the broader field of energy storage and in particular batteries is required.
The candidate should also have good communication skills in English (speaking and writing), able to work both in a team and independently, demonstrate initiative and be proactive in the project.
The candidate is expected to endorse the educational vision of the university (full text available on the university website).
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
As an employee of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel your days will be spent in a dynamic, diverse and multilingual environment. Both our campuses are set within green oases on the outskirts of the center of the capital of Flanders, Belgium and Europe. This center, with all its opportunities, is within your reach by public transport in less than half an hour.
Depending on your experience and academic merits you will receive a salary on one of the pay scales laid down by the government. Hospitalization cover and free use of public transport for travel to and from work are standard conditions of employment. If you would rather cycle to work, compensation is also available for that. Both campuses have extensive sporting facilities, which are at your disposal, and a nursery is within walking distance.
More information is available at www.vub.ac.be under the heading ‘future employees'.
- Planned starting date: As soon as possible
- Length of contract: 1 year and renewable 3 times
- Deadline for application: 30/10/2017
All applications must at least include the following attachments:
- A brief CV
- Comprehensive details of academic portfolio
- Teaching and research perception, mentioning the candidate's five most important publications (for post-doctoral positions)
- A concise statement of the reason for applying including explanation about the development of future research
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and