Deputy Head of the Branch for Scientific Research and Development
On the basis of art. 43(7) of the Act of April 30, 2010 on Research Institutes (Journal of Laws [Dz.U.] of 2016, item 371, as amended), the Head of the Institute of Industrial Organic Chemistry in Warsaw
IS ANNOUNCING THE COMPETITION FOR THE POSITION OF A RESEARCHER (AN ADJUNCT)
TO BECOME THE DEPUTY HEAD OF THE BRANCH FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
AT THE INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL ORGANIC CHEMISTRY IN PSZCZYNA
Doświadczalna 27, 43-200 Pszczyna
According to the Act mentioned above and the Statute of the Institute of Industrial Organic Chemistry, a competition is organized when a researcher is to be employed. Candidates willing to take part in it must be of sufficiently good repute, follow ethical and moral rules, have leadership skills, and meet the requirements specified below.
A candidate willing to take part in the competition must:
- hold at least a PhD degree in any of the fields corresponding to the Institute's scientific profile;
- hold qualifications in toxicology, biology, veterinary medicine, medicine, or chemistry;
- demonstrate scientific achievements (i.e. articles published in national and foreign peer-reviewed journals during the last 5 years) mainly in the fields corresponding to the Institute's scientific profile;
- have experience in nationally and internationally funded project management (last 5 years);
- have experience in scientific staff management (i.e. being a head of a department or a larger scientific unit for at least 5 years);
- demonstrate knowledge of English enabling free communication in the field of scientific research and development;
- communicate well and be able to build professional business relationships.
A candidate willing to take part in the competition is required to submit:
- the written statement of will expressing the intention to participate in the competition and the statement of consent to process personal data according to the Personal Data Protection Act of August 29, 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] of 2002, item 922);
- certified true copies of documents confirming professional qualifications, signed by the candidate;
- a description of work experience, including scientific and organizational achievements;
- other documents, mainly the ones confirming work experience and scientific achievements;
- the criminal record statement confirming that the candidate has never been penalized for an intentional offence;
- the statement confirming that the candidate is a holder of full public rights.
Researchers currently employed at the Institute of Industrial Organic Chemistry are also allowed to apply for the position of the Deputy Head of the Branch for Scientific Research and Development if they meet the requirements given above.
The commission will accept or reject applications within 14 days after the deadline.
Candidates will be notified in writing or via e-mail of the date and place of an interview to be held.
During the interview, candidates should present their ideas for managing the Branch.
Candidates admitted to the interview will be provided with the information on the Branch necessary to prepare their presentations.
According to art. 29(2) of the Act, a candidate may be entrusted responsibility for managing scientific research and development of the Branch as soon as permission form the Research Council of the Institute of Industrial Organic Chemistry is obtained.
Applications and documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes reading:
„Konkurs na funkcję Zastępcy Kierownika Oddziału do Spraw Badawczo-Rozwojowych”, quoting the first name, surname, and contact address, to:
Instytut Przemysłu Organicznego w Pszczynie
Doświadczalna 27, 43-200 Pszczyna
The deadline to submit documents is September 30, 2017 (the submission date is crucial!).
Documents may be submitted on workdays from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to the secretary's office at the Institute of Industrial Organic Chemistry in Pszczyna or by post.
Mrs. Małgorzata Białek is a person providing information on the competition - phone: 32 210 30 81 ext. 108.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and