PreSales Support Specialist
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Presales Support Specialist is a valued resource to both our internal and external customers. This Specialist will assist with selection and configuration of Thermo LPD equipment and consumables, providing working solutions for our customers. Hands-on experience with laboratory equipment is essential, as well as, familiarity with a broad range of scientific applications and terminologies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize knowledge of laboratory products, scientific applications, and workflows to recommend combinations of ThermoFisher products to end-users, channel partners, and external sales representatives, providing a complete solution for an application
- Provide a first level of interface for our end-users and our channel partners through high volume inbound sales calls.
- Collaborate with team members to maintain/upgrade an existing database of product information, as well as, capture any new information as it becomes available
- Be familiar with channel marketing and list and channel pricing in both the US and Canada
- Understand market position of our products and competitive positioning
- Understand the accessories, consumables and software used with Thermo equipment and how the customer can obtain the related items
- Utilize SFDC for tracking of customer contacts, leads, and quote opportunities
- Understand appropriate hand offs to outside sales, field service and customer service
- Bachelors Degree in a Life Science discipline preferred
- Prior Sales Experience is desired, including familiarity with selling processes or prior experience selling life science equipment
- Ideal candidate will have ability to positively and proactively manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- First-hand experience and/or familiarity with operation of various laboratory equipments preferred
- Competent in basic scientific methods and theories; Conversant in diverse scientific applications
- Exceptional analytical capability and problem solving skills
- Experienced telephone selling skills, or related customer service skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Substantiated capability to support customers and collaborate with end-users, channel partners and external sales representatives
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere to meet organizational goals and objectives
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.