The laboratory of Casey Wright at the University of Texas Medical Branch is seeking highly motivated postdoctoral fellows to join a NIEHS-funded project investigating the novel regulation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) by different isoforms of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator (ARNT) in blood cancers and other autoimmune models.
The applicant will have a Ph.D. (or equivalent degree), preferably in the areas of immunological toxicology and/or cancer biology, and have only 0-2 years of postdoctoral experience. Related disciplines will be considered.
$47,484-$50,316 annually + benefits, commensurate with experience (based on NIH Postdoctoral stipend scale).
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Defines research problems, objectives, and possible solutions as dictated by the research project
- Establishes procedures to be applied for projects
- Performs laboratory experiments and molecular biology and microbiology laboratory procedures for research projects
- Analyzes and interprets data
- Compiles and writes materials and methods for journal publication and grant submission to principal investigator
- Reviews scientific literature
- Performs related duties as required
- May feed, care, and prepare laboratory animals for experimentation
- Position must be willing to take weekend/evening call
Strong strategic and analytical skills. Ability to interact with cross-disciplinary teams from different scientific backgrounds. Ability to work independently and as a member of the team with exceptional organizational skills and attention to details. Excellent computer and writing skills.
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All positions at UTMB Health are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information in a smoke-free and drug-free environment.
Interested candidates that are self-motivated and career-oriented are encouraged to apply at https://www.utmb.edu/careers/career_seekers/ to job opening #55286 or #55287.