Instrument Specialist - Central Territory
The role of Instrument Specialist - Clinical is responsible for achievement of annual goals for instrumentation within the clinical segment of the Microbiology Division. The portfolio of products used to achieve these goals includes the following:
• Sensititre Automation and related consumables
• VersaTREK Automation and related consumables
• WASP and related consumables
The Instrument Specialist is responsible for technical selling, presentation/demonstration, coordination of site visits and overall movement of opportunities from Qualified to Closed stages within the instrument pipeline for the assigned region. This role works closely with each Account Manager - Clinical within the region to achieve stated goals
This is a remotely based position in the Central Territory
- Develop a territory business plan in order to achieve and exceed sales plan; monitors and reports progress regularly. Monitor business progress and advises MBD management of results. Take corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
- In concert with the Account Managers and Corporate Account Managers in the region, responsible for accurate forecasting and reporting of Instrument funnel (30-60-90).
- Serve as the technical and operational subject matter expert for the respective product lines.
- Maintain thorough understanding of competitors and their product lines; gathers and shares information across the organization to the benefit of commercial strategy.
- Act as a leader within the sales organization; provides training, coaching and overall guidance to Account Managers and others involved in the sales process to elevate the level of technical knowledge and competency.
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and training programs as required by the Regional Business Manager or Marketing.
- Constantly strive to improve selling skills, product knowledge, knowledge of competition, and how Thermo Fisher Microbiology solutions best fit the customer needs.
- Accountable for maintaining CRM as well as monthly reporting and forecasting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct one's self as a professional representative of Microbiology Division, remembering that your conduct and appearance will be judged by our customers and the general public and that in many cases this will be primary only contact with the company.
- BS/BA required; Medical Technology, Microbiology, Life Science or Business majors preferred
- Microbiology knowledge and/or knowledge of clinical laboratory operations preferred
- 3-5+ years of sales experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific Microbiology products preferred
- Capital Equipment sales in the clinical setting experience preferred
- Proven track record of success
- Works independently and in a self directed manner
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience using CRM desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong presentation skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary
- Extensive travel (80%) throughout region required
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.