Scientist III, R&D
When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative Chemist or Biochemist to join our Oligo & Organic Chemistry R&D team, within our Genetic Analysis R&D Organization. The position is at a Scientist III level and is located in South San Francisco, CA. In this role, the scientist will be responsible for the development of HPLC/UPLC methods for purification and analysis of oligonucleotides, QC of oligonucleotide conjugates and small molecules using LC-MS, HPLC/UPLC. The scientist will work in multi-disciplinary projects starting from feasibility studies through optimization, analytical QC, Verification & Validation, and manufacturing transfer. The position will require excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop and optimize methods for HPLC/UPLC and MS to analyze and characterize dyes, small molecules and oligonucleotides.
• Provide LC-MS analysis support to group members for R&D and NPI projects.
• Write SOPs and other related documents.
• Develop analytical methods for NPI and transfer such methods to manufacturing during process transfer manufacturing.
• Operate a variety of HPLC, UPLC and MS instruments to complete project and other R&D assignments.
• Work collaboratively with group and project members in multidisciplinary projects.
• Ensure the accuracy and consistency of data results in documentation.
• Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related fields
• Hands-on experience with HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS for analytical method development and characterization of organic and biomolecules.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Accurately record and manage project related data and results.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.