Assistant Professor in Technology and Operations Management, with a focus on entrepreneurship
As part of its expansion, Science Based Business (SBB) at the University of Leiden's Faculty of Science is recruiting an Assistant Professor in Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Strategic Management to take the lead in the development of new research and teaching programs in technology entrepreneurship.
- Produce impactful, quality research in international top journals in the field of Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Strategic Management;
- Provide leadership to the development of the New Technology Ventures (NTV) track of the Science Based Business (SBB) master specialisation, and the NTV course of the SBB minor at the Leiden University Faculty of Science;
- Develop and deliver courses on entrepreneurship topics with a focus on new business creation in technology-intensive industries;
- Forge collaborations with colleagues from across different institutes that make up the Faculty of Science, and LUMC, as well as industry partners at the Leiden BioScience park and beyond.
- Have a strong research record or demonstrated research potential in the area of entrepreneurial management with a focus on publishing articles in top journals;
- Have completed a doctoral degree in entrepreneurial management, or a related field by the time she/he assumes the position;
- Show a clear affinity with the multidisciplinary mission of Science Based Business that bridges scholarship and practice in management on the one hand, and the natural and biomedical sciences on the other hand;
- Have the leadership skills required to forge relationships with key stakeholders groups inside and outside the university, and push forward the new research and teaching initiatives tied to SBB;
- Be excited to teach management subjects to undergraduate and/or postgraduate students with backgrounds in the sciences and biomedicine.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and