Field service engineer
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Primary role is professional onsite customer support and service for Industrial Control Equipment for Web/Metals Processing Production Lines. This Equipment measures the thickness of different materials during the process.
Ensuring that Materials & Minerals North America customers needs and expectations are met and exceeded within the parameters of the job.
This is a role that can require extensive overnight travel. A flexible work schedule is also a requirement to support a 24/7-service operation.
Preferred locations of Memphis, TN or St Louis, MO.
Primary responsibility is to facilitate and/or complete scheduled maintenance, nuclear inspections, emergency break/fix repairs, and as required, installation support.
- Primary responsibility is the overall customer support of an assigned customer list.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Responsible for routine communication with assigned customers.
- Responsible for timely scheduled maintenance.
- Responsible for timely nuclear inspections.
- Responsible for emergency break/fix repair services.
- Installation support as required.
- Administrative functions such as service reports, install reports, timecards, expense reports, repair tags, weekly schedule updates, daily check-ins.
- Flexibility with work schedule to accommodate customer needs after hours, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Participation in a rotating weekly on-call schedule.
- Promote aftermarket services.
- Provide routine feedback to management and the sales department.
- 2-year technical degree, equivalent military or technical experience.
- Strong electro /mechanical, and computer skills.
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Overnight travel is expected to be 75% minimum.
- Valid drivers license.
- Passport eligibility and willingness to travel internationally if the need arises.
- Some knowledge of the industrial process control business is preferred.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.