Associate Biosciences Account Manager
Consumables Assoc Sales Rep - Wisconsin
Successful candidate will possess sales skills to drive revenue growth and achieve sales quota targets. Proven track record in developing customer relationships and building an opportunity pipeline are key for this position.
Knowledge of the Life Technologies' Consumables portfolio, scientific background, customer service skills are essential. Ability to work and excel in a team environment is necessary to be successful.
Manage sales processes at assigned account in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. Understand and use product features, benefits and applications along with selling and business-building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan. Serve as a driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business. Become recognized as a technical leader within the sales force.
Territory: Madison, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin
PLAN PERFORMANCE AND SALES SKILLS
· Apply working knowledge of Professional, Consultative, and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, develop incremental business, and conduct cold calls to develop additional labs.
· Demonstrate use of selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing.
· Participate in sales training programs as presented by the company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with the Company philosophy, policies and procedures.
ACCOUNT AND TIME MANAGEMENT
· Call on all organizational levels and functional areas within assigned account which influence purchasing decisions.
· Develop, write, and execute a strategic business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly.
· Host and assist product shows at assigned accounts.
· Set up and coordinate technical seminars by internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing and / or Technical Sales Specialist either on customer's site or locally.
· Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relations management software (Siebel CRM). Use system completely to fulfill management expectations recording and utilizing customer and sales information.
· Utilize data sources to analyze and capitalize on territory opportunities with the greatest ROI. Communicate key competitive activities, trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which includes emerging customers.
· Attain or exceed assigned sales goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
COMMUNICATION, WRITTEN AND ORAL
· Provide oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices, etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
· Contact and return calls to research scientists at all labs for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily
· Learn and / or demonstrate required computer skills within the requirements of the job description, daily e-mail synchronizing is required.
· Maintain assigned equipment and tools provided by the Company in clean and working condition.
· Communicate account objectives and action plans to management
· Complete, submit, and deliver expense reports to DM within 30 days from time the expense has occurred.
· Field travel as necessary (approx. 4.5-5 days per week)
· Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely and complete manner.
· Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
· Track personal time, sick days and vacation taken with report to Human Resources when time taken has occurred.
CORPORATE POLICY AND PROCEDURES COMPLIANCE
· Manage quotations within Life Technologies' Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin / revenues with guidance from DM.
· Become and maintain familiarity with Company policies and procedures and strive to present a professional image as a Company ambassador.
· Provide product and other relevant information to customers via personal visits and phone contact for all aspects of business to generate sales.
· Utilize excellent level of product knowledge and applications to successfully conduct effective consultative selling presentations.
· Utilize knowledge of existing and potential customer status regarding Company and competitors' products in selling presentations.
· Support marketing programs as assigned by the Sales Manager.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
Requires a minimum 2 years of related work experience (lab experience preferred) and 0-1 years of related sales experience. In-depth knowledge of Molecular Biology is preferred. Knowledge of University of Wisconsin preferred. Experience with customer contact, teaching or public speaking helpful. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs helpful.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
More jobs like this
- Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) Full Time Life Sciences jobs in Wisconsin
- Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) Full Time Biochemistry jobs in Wisconsin
- Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) Full Time Biology jobs in Wisconsin
- Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) Full Time Biotechnology jobs in Wisconsin
- Product Supplier (lab consumables/equipment) Full Time Physical Sciences jobs in Wisconsin