Embedded Firmware Engineer
· Embedded firmware programming using C and PC based development tools.
· Develops firmware architecture; assures proper design for efficient use of system resources.
· Proactively communicates with design team members regarding deliverables, critical-path problems, clarification of ideas and concepts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Embedded firmware programming using C and PC based development tools
- Develops firmware architecture; assures proper design for efficient use of system resources
- Ensures engineering project activities, objectives, and tactics are recorded, published, and understood
- Ensures design solutions meet business/market requirements
- Interprets/translates market and business requirements into technical specifications
- Performs engineering analysis of design concepts
- Identifies developmental critical path; ensures commitments are met
- Proactively ensures efficient use of time and resources
- Tests and evaluates design theory via models and simulations
- Exercises informed/educated judgment in selection of design solutions
- Creates plans to communicate progress against objectives
- Presents plans to design team and next level management
- Proactively communicates with design team members regarding deliverables, critical-path problems, clarification of ideas and concepts
- Makes technical decisions affecting project outcomes
- Participate in design reviews
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential function Requirements
- Working knowledge of schematics.
- Proficient in C programming language.
- Working knowledge of hardware and hardware interface drivers.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a project team environment.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Windows, MSOffice proficiency.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline required
- 5 years or equivalent knowledge/experience in embedded design
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.