Scientist, Biologics Discovery & Protein Sciences
This scientific leadership role will be responsible for the discovery and development of therapeutic proteins. The successful candidate will become a member of a collaborative team to identify points of therapeutic intervention, generate and evaluate efficacious proteins that can be encoded into RNA therapeutics. The pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics properties of the selected molecules will be evaluated in the appropriate therapeutic areas to select clinical candidates. The position responsibilities include the application of in vitro discovery techniques to select, design and characterize therapeutic proteins. The pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics activities of selected candidates will then be evaluated in vivo to identify viable clinical candidates.
- Laboratory applications of molecular biology, protein expression and characterization, as well as assay techniques to identify molecules that drive therapeutic programs
- Develop and characterize reagents to support the generation and screening of antibody libraries
- Identify candidate antibodies and therapeutic proteins from libraries using cell-based screening technologies
- Establish assays to select and identify appropriate molecules with regard to affinity, epitope diversity and biophysical behavior
- Manage and design in vivo pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic molecule evaluation
- Analysis and presentation of data for the selection of candidate molecules with potential therapeutic development
- Identify, manage and contribute to external collaborations relevant to cell-based screening or other screening technologies
- Maintain accountability for project success and results delivery
- Contribute to scientific and strategy discussions to advance and enhance the scientific platform and therapeutic product candidates
- Communicate research and development findings internally and externally
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology or related field biological sciences
- 5+ years experience in the discovery and characterization of therapeutic proteins, protein engineering or antibody selection preferred.
- Expertise in one or more areas of cellular and molecular biology, expression in mammalian systems, protein characterization, assay development and animal models
- Technically skilled in single cell PCR, B-cell culture, FACS sorting, cell-based assay development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.