Faculty Positions Available in the Third Military Medical University
To become “a world-class research-oriented military medical university with distinct military features,” the Third Military Medical University (TMMU) of Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is now inviting high-level medical talents from home and abroad.
The TMMU is located in the mountain city of Chongqing, one of the four municipalities directly under the jurisdiction of the Central Government of China. This university, with a history of over 70 years, is a national key university, one of the military "2110 Project" key universities , and one of the first universities allowed to grant doctor’s degree and to offer eight-year medical education program in China. At present, the university has 3 academicians of Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering, over 200 high-level talents including distinguished professors entitled “Changjiang Scholar” and winners of “National Outstanding Youth Foundation,” and over 900 staff members with senior professional titles. The TMMU has 25 national key disciplines, key state laboratories and national engineering centers. It has won 7 first prizes of the National Science and Technology Progress Award, among over 1700 scientific and technological achievements it has harvested. Its three affiliated hospitals are all grade-A hospitals. Southwest Hospital (the first affiliated hospital) enjoys a high reputation for its expertise in the fields of Burns, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases; Xinqiao Hospital (the second affiliated hospital) has a widespread influence on the diagnosis and treatment of big organ diseases, and it has successfully performed a series of surgeries at international advanced level; the Research Institute of Field Surgery of Daping Hospital (the third affiliated hospital) has advantages in basic research on and clinical treatment of war trauma. The TMMU ranks high among the universities in China in terms of Natural Science Foundation of China, National Scientific and Technological Awards, the national outstanding doctoral dissertation and scientific papers. It has become a war-trauma medical center in China, and an important base for the innovation of national and military medical technology.
Qualifications and Benefits
1. Qualifications for the position
Applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
1) Having the nationality of the People's Republic of China;
2) Be patriotic and willing to be devoted to national defense and health;
3) Having a strong academic and research ability, and be capable of undertaking major scientific research programs and engaging in original academic researches.
2. Salary and Benefits
Please refer to the attached table.
Applicants should forward the copy of the following application materials:
1. Highest degree certificate;
2. Certificate of the major work experience;
3. Published academic papers, and the cover and contents of the specific issue of the journal in which the papers were published, and the frequency of citation by other papers;
4. Scientific research projects, awards and patents;
5. Recommendation letters from three experts in the same filed (the experts should be professors if they are Chinese, or be tenured associate professors or of a higher rank if they are from other countries).
Address: Cadre Office of Politics Department, Third Military Medical University, Gaotanyan No.30 Center Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing 400038, P.R.China.
Contact Person: Ms. Fan