Clinical Sales Consultant
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
As a Clinical Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for launching and generating pull through demand within the physician market by developing new users and expanding utilization of our ImmunoCAP diagnostic blood test by existing users. In essence, you will serve as a vital link to primary care physicians to educate and persuade them to be clinical champions for our diagnostic test. This is a true sales role, not a service position.
- Persuasively sell the concept of using a new diagnostic test to targeted physicians and markets.
- Instruct physicians how to utilize the technology, interpret the data and how to use the data to manage the patients' care.
- Develop and grow market share based on established sales goals for territory.
- Train medical office staff on how to properly interpret test result information for communicating results to patients.
- Assist with training of new Clinical Sales Consultants by providing co-travel experience.
- Responsible for submitting timely and accurate weekly call reports for creating vital database for tracking sales, product use, profile data, market analysis, and commission statistics.
- Participate in district meetings for training purposes, product information updates, and sharing field intelligence information.
- Work closely with Quest Laboratory counterparts to identify key targets and secure appointments for initial product presentations.
- Established client base in the primary care market (General Practitioners, Family Practice, Pediatricians, Internal Medicine) in the open territory is highly desired
- Strong communications and human relations skills
- Strong initiative, judgment and decision-making ability
- The ability to plan, organize, and adapt
- Strong business information systems knowledge, computer literacy, and analytical ability
- A working knowledge of upper/lower respiratory products and disease processes
- The ability to travel extensively throughout the territory
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (Bullet key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years Pharmaceutical or strong B2B sales experience with demonstrated track record of success
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.