Regional Site Specialist
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Travel to provide temporary support at multiple customer facilities during scheduled and unscheduled PTO, leave of absence, site training and open positions; in some cases for extended periods of time.
- Cover services including order entry/order management, customer service activities including credits, returns, RGA's expediting, tracking deliveries, operating customer procurement systems (SAP, Ariba, Peoplesoft), stockroom services, shipping/receiving, chemical tracking, glass washing, desk top delivery, dry ice services, and others as requiredProvide Post Coverage analysis including recommendations to improve operational efficiency and corresponding Corrective Actions.Assist in updating SOP's and Work InstructionsSupport new site implementations as requiredAssist stockroom sites to prepare for Annual Physical Inventories
- Generate stock reports from RIMS, conduct cycle countsMake adjustments to RIMS post inventoryReconcile reports for finance as part of API
- Cover for new employees attending systems trainingProvide site specific training on site operations including proprietary customer systems
- IATA and DOT certificationsFork truckHand jack and pallet jacks
- High School Diploma; BA/BS preferredWillingness and ability to travel extensively and work in a wide variety of environmentsAbility to establish and foster positive customer relationshipsProficient verbal and written communication skillsProactive approach to problem solvingAdapt to flexible and changing schedule in short noticeAbility to self-manage and operate independently.Display high level of confidentialityDemonstrate sense of urgencyDemonstrate a high level of accountability for site coverage duties.Proficient in Microsoft office suiteStrong time management and organizational skillsAbility to lift up to 50 lbs.Ability to wear a respiratorPosses valid driver's license and good driving recordAbility to work beyond the normal business hoursAbility to travel extensively 50% of time.
• Experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific business engagements as partnered with customers via Unity Lab Services.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.