Bioproduction - Technical Sales Specialist
The BioProduction Sales Specialist for Single Use Technology products will be responsible for selling Thermo Fisher Scientific Single Use Technology products within the North East & Mid-Atlantic regional markets. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize sales, product and territory knowledge to work as part of a team in most situations.
- Works independently on daily activity in accordance with sales activity plan.
- Maintain present customer base while actively developing new process opportunities to build strong pipeline of projects that will fuel future growth.
- Meet sales quota as well as expense targets for assigned territory.
- Effective sales strategies and negotiation techniques are needed to proactively seek out sales opportunities and respond to the needs of the customers and potential customers with innovative solutions.
- Receives specific guidance from product management in special sales situations.
- Effective account management and territory management skills need to drive growth.
- Weekly discussions with sales manager and product manager regarding territory activity.
- Meets periodically with Manager to resolve outstanding sales situations and discuss sales activities and plans.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- 5 years of selling into the Bioproduction market and or industry related experience.
- Established sales history and relationships with the upstream and downstream process development group within key biopharmaceutical accounts in the North East & Mid-Atlantic markets would be desirable.
- Strong technical skills needed to discuss and support bioprocess containers used in the production of Cell Therapy, recombinant Proteins and Monoclonal antibodies within Process Development, Pilot Plants and manufacturing sciences.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts within the territory.
- Must have the ability to develop knowledge of accounts and key customers and to interpret customer's needs and identify solutions.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze territory sales data and technical information.
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.