Scientist, New Venture Labs, Liver Disease
An opportunity for a discovery biologist is available to join Moderna's early discovery group, New Venture Labs. New Venture Labs utilizes multidisciplinary approaches to understand protein structure, function, and dynamics of novel targets in preparation for their advancement into our drug discovery pipeline. Successful candidate will collaborate in cross-functional teams with colleagues of diverse biological and technical expertise to lead programs to target proteins and pathways in liver diseases as well as collaborate on projects in other therapeutic areas (eg oncology, immunology and neuroscience). This is a basic research position that requires critical thinking, flexibility, multitasking, and the ability to learn new techniques.
- Independently design, drive and execute science
- Lead programs to discover and validate of mRNA encoded therapeutics based on mechanistic understanding of biological pathways
- Design and management of in vivo studies in relevant preclinical models of liver diseases
- Develop and execute in vitro assays such as ELISA, luciferase, Western blotting, etc.
- Closely collaborate with other members within the interdisciplinary research group and broadly with departments throughout the company
- Deliver results in a timely manner
- Record and communicate findings
- Ph.D. in cell or molecular biology or related field
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to design controlled experiments
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture of transformed and primary cells
- Broad array of experience in utilization of molecular and cell based assays to examine the expression and activity of a variety of protein targets
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with large datasets
- Mechanistic understanding of the regulation of transcription
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.