Sr. Account Manager
Manages the business/sales relationship with accounts and partners in the Midwest Region focusing on growing current revenue streams and/or developing new revenue streams. The account responsibility may be for one or several strategic or key accounts, as well as developing accounts. This position carries a sales quota for a specific geographic area.
- Prepares business plans for the territory. Plan should include opportunity map, estimates current and future levels of spending on products and services, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Ensures that the account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals.
- Proactively meets with customers throughout the Midwest on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures implementation schedules and support activities are aligned with commitments to customers and to management.
- Serves as customer advocate and ensures that any major conflicts with customers are resolved.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents.
- Ensures that management understands business requirements and is kept informed of significant developments within account(s).
- Responds effectively and promptly to customer requests.
- Ensures that Management is involved at critical times and during pivotal opportunities. Delegates to other departments as appropriate.
- Conducts quarterly account reviews and updates the account plans on a regular basis to reflect progress and market changes.
- Maintains and updates a list of prospects within a centralized CRM system.
- Prospects across the account(s) to ensure that target opportunities are developed.
- Understands business goals and evaluates and prioritizes opportunities accordingly.
- Works with partners/customers to identify additional prospects.
- Establishes initial contacts at an executive level in potential customers, and builds alignment with the right people in the political structure.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and revenue expectations are met.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments.
- Updates lead/contact management system to track progress.
- Participates in regional meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training.
- Prepares for each sales call and sets specific call objectives.
- Responds effectively to customer requests and resolves critical issues and meets all commitments in a timely manner.
- Allocates part of every sales call to understanding or clarifying the customers' business challenges. Understands customers' perception of Thermo and provides feedback to sales management on significant issues and developments.
- Establishes executive level presence in key accounts, and fully understands business issues and drivers.
- Has sufficient technical and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.
- Uses knowledge of the competition in the sales campaign to develop competitive strategies.
- Utilizes regional resources to ensure they are properly leveraged relative to deal closure, probability and opportunity size.
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo to implement appropriate strategies to address business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Communicates with Product Management and Development to provide field (customer) input on product features and feature prioritization requirements during product operational review meetings
- Recognizes significant contributions by other members of the company.
- Ensures that management is involved within appropriate opportunities at pivotal points and is aware of significant developments.
- Develops executive relationships between accounts and SID executives.
- Works with sales executives from other Division and Sectors to identify cross-selling opportunities, best practices and leverage “One Thermo”.
- Manages the contract review process and negotiation.
- Builds commitment and closure at each stage of the sales process.
- Explains pricing policies and constructs accurate proposals.
- Coordinates efforts with relevant individuals to address non-standard terms and conditions and gain appropriate approvals.
- Communicates regularly with the account team to ensure that they are informed on significant developments and customer issues.
- Fully participates in regional meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training.
- Recognizes significant contributions by other members of the account team
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (List 3-5 key attributes, skills, or requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position)
Ability to perform in the following areas:
Experience selling informatics/LIMS systems.
Managing & Forecasting Sales Pipeline
Positioning and Selling
Leveraging Internal Resources
Negotiating and Closing Sales
Supports Account Teaming
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.