Post-doc in Data Analytics and Machine Learning for Internet of Things
The Design Engineering Department in collaboration with the Amsterdam Institute of Advanced Metropolitan Solutions (www.ams-amsterdam.com) seeks a highly qualified postdoctoral researcher with strong background in data science, machine learning or artificial intelligence related to the Internet of Things. We are particularly looking for candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- interactive and visual analytics,
- interactive machine learning or
- real-time stream processing.
The successful candidate will work in one of two projects: (1) data analytics methods for connected dementia care (with Philips) or (2) integrating Internet of Things, Data Analytics, and 3D-printing for the built environment (with Autodesk). The successful candidate will join an interdisciplinary research environment with computer scientists, designers, human-computer interaction researchers and industrial engineers. Place of work is Delft and Amsterdam. Start date for the position is immediate. The position is limited to 1 year. A tenure track assistant professor position in the same area will be opened soon. Qualifications:
• PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related disciplines,
• Excellent publication track record in data science, machine learning or artificial intelligence,
• Experience in developing data analytics and machine learning algorithms,
• Strong software development skills with ability to design and build data-intensive systems,
• Background in the Internet of Things related to smart products, smart cities healthcare or similar,
• Excellent English language skills (written and spoken),
• Strong communication skills and ability to work in a highly interdisciplinary environment.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and