Supervisor, Packaging - Second Shift
• Supervise personnel
• Ensure the safety of employees by maintaining knowledge of industrial safety issues and complying with all applicable safety, regulatory, and hygiene standards
• Train personnel to perform tasks
• Able to set up and operate machinery within the Packaging Department
• Complete all paperwork related to jobs. This includes paperwork related to GMP and ISO guidelines
• Work closely with other functional areas and work centers, including Production Planning and Formulations/Filling, to coordinate an efficient production workflow
• Schedule and assign personnel to perform tasks
• Knowledgeable of waste disposal procedures
• Know how to handle hazardous chemicals in a safe manner
• Complete performance reviews for packaging technicians
• Develop employees by providing effective training and documentation of that training.
• Work to enhance overall effectiveness and productivity through the application of Lean Enterprise principles and tools including Practical Process Improvement (PPI), standard work, visual management, and daily accountability
• Work with new product commercialization teams to successfully introduce new products
• Formulate products occasionally following written procedures
• Perform calibrations and preventative maintenance of packaging equipment
• Apply 5S principles, and perform audits
• High school diploma or GED
• Two years supervisory experience required with packaging environment, preferred
• Sufficient mechanical aptitude to set-up, operate, and trouble shoot all standard packaging equipment and tools
• Have basic skills using laboratory equipment and the metric system
• Be able to use equipment for handling hazardous chemicals such as respirators, fire extinguishers, etc.
• Excellent communication ability (written and verbal)
• Ability to make decisions, based on available information, to effectively solve problems
• Possess supervisory skills
• Schedule and assign personnel to perform tasks and projects
• Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills
• Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
• Experience working with hazardous chemicals in a safe manner with the proper disposal methods
• Experience using laboratory measuring equipment and the metric system
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Second Shift - 2:30 pm to 11:30 pm - Monday to Friday
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.