Supervisor, Manufacturing; 2nd Shift
You will lead and be a part of an extraordinary team that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community. This includes manufacturing specialty equipment such as ultra low temperature freezers, high performance refrigeration units, laboratory baths, process chillers, furnaces and centrifuges. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
You will be responsible for day to day achievement of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity goals (SQDIP). Guides and supervises Cell Leaders and Team Members. Drives the implementation of PPI-Lean Enterprise and utilizes PPI Problem Solving methodology to improve all processes by eliminating wasteJob Description Summary.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience with at least 1 year in a leadership capacity
- Bachelor's degree in business management or engineering strongly preferred, high school education and equivalent work experience may substitute
- Must possess a technical aptitude and knowledge of continuous process improvement techniques in a Lean manufacturing environment
- Understanding of working knowledge of other business functions (Materials, Financial, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources) in addition to Manufacturing and Quality
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Leads day-to-day activities within the Value Stream to ensure swift and accurate completion of customer orders
- Participates in fact-based analysis with VSM Team to create current state Value Stream map of the end-to-end Value Stream. Manages projects to a future state Value Stream map that uses Lean techniques to eliminate waste and improve processes
- Provides leadership direction to cell leaders and team members of designated Value Stream alongside providing the training and guidance necessary to enable the employees to improve their own abilities and skill levels
- Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, scheduling and organizing work assignments within the company policies and procedures.
- Maintain associates files in the areas of attendance, productivity, and quality and provide regular reviews and counseling where required.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and a high level of safety awareness among associates. Maintains excellent housekeeping practices through 5S implementation with appropriate audits
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.