Cost Accounting Manager
Position Summary: This position plays a key partnership role with Operations leadership and offers the right candidate a career development opportunity by contributing to the on-going growth and success of a $200M laboratory equipment manufacturing facility located in Marietta, OH. The ideal candidate will have the ability to drive business decisions through effective analysis and communication with management while providing cost analysis and analytical support.
- Assist in the evaluation of financial and information systems, management procedures, and internal controls to ensure records are accurate and in compliance with corporate policies.
- Review and update product costs related to Engineering Change Orders and work with Engineering and the Value Stream leaders to identify and correct BOM & router errors.
- Analyze the financial information generated from shop floor transactions, including a large sheet-metal Fabrication area, and develop corrective actions as needed.
- Develop and prepare financial reports for Operations management to include factory productivity and output, overhead recovery, analysis of capitalized variances, inventory days of supply, cycle count accuracy, and excess & obsolete inventory.
- Provide accurate, timely costing information to the business to support business decisions.
- Lead the Annual Standard Cost roll process, ensuring costs are tied to Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets.
- Review and develop standard work to ensure variances arising from purchase prices and work orders are investigated and any necessary corrective actions implemented.
- Support in the planning, preparation and execution of the annual Physical Inventory (PI) count and work to understand and report out the root cause of any inventory adjustments.
- Assist with month-end close responsibilities.
- Assist with development and presentation of monthly and quarterly business reviews and Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 3-5 years of progressive material, labor, inventory, and cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing a major ERP system.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with SAP.
- Cognos reporting tools.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated with high bias for action.
This position has been approved for relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.