Process Improvement Leader (Lean)
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Deploy PPI and Lean Manufacturing\\Enterprise initiatives within the site.
- Provide leadership in the areas of PPI and Lean by mentoring site teams to deliver results.
- Assist in developing site improvement goals and objectives and coordinate and champion activities to meet or exceed those goals.
- Coordinate the measurement, tracking and reporting of PPI savings impacts for sites.
- Lead periodic site continuous improvement reviews both internally and for regional roll up
- Partner with site leadership team to drive ownership of CI activities within the site.
- Train site resources in the areas of PPI and lean principles implementation.
- Create contingency plans where needed to ensure achievement of site PPI targets.
- Become the “resident expert” for all Continuous Improvement activities within the site.
- Improve the customer experience regarding quality and reliability by promoting a Root Cause/Countermeasure culture that works to implement robust corrective actions.
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams while implementing a driving a Business Systems approach
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering year-over-year results using metric-driven problem solving.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization.
- 10% travel
- Self-directed leader with a proven ability to manage/influence across and up into the organization without direct reporting responsibility.
- Previous experience with lean leadership.
- Understanding of KPI's, Operational Excellence, and Toyota Production System (KATA).
- Lean Expert with over 5+ years' experience and a ‘hands-on' track record of implementing successful TPS-based business systems including elements such as:
- Lean Leadership (Target Condition Thinking, Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks).
- Strategy Deployment, KPI Leadership and Value-stream Mapping.
- Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, Value-Analysis/Value Engineering, error-proofing, material flow, Heijunka, and Kanban.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process.
- Certification as a Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, and/or Lean certification.
- Bachelor degree minimum, preferred advanced degree, with concentration in continuous improvement curriculum.
This position is budgeted for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.