Sr. Scientist R&D
The Clinical Diagnostics Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced professional to join the Research and Development department. This Senior Scientist will be part of the product development team responsible for developing liquid chromatography - tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MSMS) analytical workflows.
- Develop and validate sample preparation and LC-MSMS quantification methods for analysis of various biological matrixes.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to develop LC-MS workflows meeting end-user requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to test and validate developed workflows under customer settings.
- Work cross-functionally to participate in development of hardware, software and consumables products.
- Work cross-functionally to successfully transfer reagents preparation workflows to manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to reagents and methods. Experience with formal OOS and CAPA investigation and documentation is a plus.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, quantify and mitigate design and process risks via failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) or other risk management processes.
- Train and support others including field based applications and service team.
- Comply with relevant GLP requirements and Quality Systems Requirements including relevant SOPs and Protocols.
- Capture and track the work in a project monitoring system.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- MS degree with 10+ yrs experience or a Ph.D with 5+ yrs experience in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, clinical chemistry or related field.
- Hands-on experience with quantitative bio-analytical sample preparation and LC-MSMS technology, equipment, method development and validation, data analysis and software.
- Knowledge of biological sample clean-up, enrichment and extraction techniques using manual and automated methods.
- Direct experience working in a test lab using LC-MSMS equipment for analysis of biological samples is a plus.
- Direct experience working in a product development group is a plus.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills including ability to articulate and present complex experimental details and results effectively.
- Excellent time-management, planning and organization skills to handle and efficiently manage high workload and meet timelines.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based applications, internet technology, and statistical analysis software.
- Senior Scientist must be willing to travel up to 5% domestic and international (including on weekends) and participate in early morning cross-site teleconference calls.
- Not Relocation Eligible
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.