The primary focus of the Scientist III role will be the design, execution, and analysis of process development experiments to support viral vector production. The Scientist III will work collaboratively within the R&D cell biology team to develop new technologies, products and protocols for viral vector production (mainly LV and AAV). Additionally, this role may be responsible for the evaluation of new technologies for viral vector production. This is a hands-on position with the candidate expected to spend at least 80% time at the bench.
· Development and optimization of reagents and Protocol for viral vector production. LV and AAV
· Develop Scale up protocol for different bioreactors (Wave, Spinners, others)
· Launch product using a gated approach
· Support process transfer to customers
· Author technical documents and Powerpoint presentation
· Demonstrated experience with the development of bio-processes with viral vector experience preferred.
· Demonstrated experience with either the development of bio-processes or viral vector production, experience in both preferred.
· Experience in Design of Experiments and statistical analysis.
· Experience with analytical techniques preferred.
· Ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment, meet deadlines, prioritize work across multiple projects.
· Self-starter with strong work ethic.
· Must have excellent organizational, attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ph.D. or equivalent and 0 - 2 years of experience or B.S. with at least 6+ years of relevant experience, preferably in industrial settings.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.