Tenure Track Assistant Professor Mathematical Physics (1.0 fte)
The Johann Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science (JBI) of the Faculty of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a tenure track assistant professor in Mathematical Physics. JBI offers excellent opportunities for conducting research in the broad interdisciplinary area between mathematics and its applications. We seek a new faculty member with a high potential for developing an internationally recognized research line within the unit “Dynamical Systems, Geometry & Mathematical Physics”. Candidates with expertise in either of the fields semiclassical quantum mechanics and/or integrable systems are particularly encouraged to apply. Both of these fields connect to present research activities in mathematics in Groningen. You have:
- a PhD degree in the relevant field
- at least two years postdoctoral experience abroad (industrial experience can partly compensate this)
- excellent research qualities in the above subject area, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network
- teaching and organizational experience appropriate to career stage
- evidence of successful acquisition of external funding appropriate to career stage.
- a team player with good communications skills
- open to collaborations with other scientific areas
- willing to fulfill the requirements for the University Teaching Qualification
- willing to learn the Dutch language.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and