Postdoctoral Fellow, Cherkasov Lab
The Vancouver Prostate Centre (VPC) has an exceptional opportunity available for a Postdoctoral Fellow, Cherkasov Lab to join our research team.
We are looking for a talented Postdoc to join the computer-aided drug design group of Professor Artem Cherkasov. The Postdoc will work on exciting drug discovery programs providing essential computational chemistry support to structure-based and ligand-based virtual screening and lead optimization.
The Vancouver Prostate Centre
VPC has a large, multi-disciplinary research program that undertakes basic, clinic, and translational research. It is a National Centre of Excellence and a designated Centre of Excellence for Commercialization and Research. It is affiliated with the University of British Columbia and the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority. Further details on VPC and its research programs are available at www.prostatecentre.com.
More information on Dr. Cherkasov and his team can be found here: http://www.prostatecentre.com/about-us/people/dr-art-cherkasov.
Qualifications and Requirements
- PhD in Computational Chemistry or Biology.
- Strong problem solving skills in cheminformatics and bioinformatics.
- Solid background in biological chemistry, organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry and pharmacokinetics
- 2 years of hands-on experience in structure-based and ligand-based drug design and compound library design.
- Expertise in ligand-protein and protein-protein docking, homology modeling, MD simulation and free energy perturbation calculations, pharmacophore modeling, and QSAR.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art modeling and cheminformatics tools such as MOE, Schrodinger, and OpenEye suite of programs.
- Minimum 1-year programming experience using SVL, R, Perl, python or other programming languages.
- Background in deep learning is beneficial.
- Statistical data analysis and database management skills.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Postdoctoral Fellow, Cherkasov Lab with the following items attached:
- Current CV
- Covering letter
- Research proposal
In the body of your email, please kindly indicate where you found the job posting (i.e. Indeed.ca, Science Careers, Nature Jobs, Chemical and Engineering News, etc.)
NOTE: No telephone calls or drop-in inquiries accepted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those under consideration will be contacted.