Special Postdoctoral Researcher
RIKEN is currently accepting applications for the FY 2018 Special Postdoctoral Researcher(SPDR) Program, from young, creative, independent researchers who will be a powerful force in furthering RIKEN’s research activities.
Number of openings:
Mathematical Sciences, Physics (Physics I: particle, nuclear, astrophysics, etc., and Physics II: condensed matter), Chemistry, Biology (cell biology, developmental biology, plant biology, structural biology, microbiology, imaging, measuring, etc.), Medical science (brain science, psychology, immunology, oncology, genome science, etc.) and Engineering that relate to research being conducted at RIKEN.
Be prepared to independently and responsibly pursue a research topic.
Have a PhD awarded on or after January 1, 2012, or expect to be awarded a PhD by the date of hire.
See SPDR website for details.
Salary and benefits (FY 2016 figures):
1. Annual salary paid in monthly installments of 487,000 yen (gross amount).
2. Commuting allowance (actual cost up to maximum of 55,000 yen per month)
3. Housing allowance (partial payment of rent)
4. Research budget: 1,000,000 yen per year
5. SPDR is a fixed-term contract employee with a contract that must be renewed each year.
6. Contract can be renewed on the basis of an evaluation up to 3 years from the date of hire.
Applications can be accepted from February 15, Wednesday, to April 19, Wednesday, 2017.
For details, please visit our website below.
SPDR Desk, Human Resources Division, RIKEN
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198 Japan