Senior Research Scientist
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
In this role you will conduct complex research and/or development projects to support quality operations, regulatory compliance, and operational efficiency of blood services/products with an emphasis in the field of blood component storage.
Regular schedule will be Monday-Friday 1st shift at our Rockville, MD office. We support and reward our employees through competitive compensation, attractive health & wellness benefit options, paid time off, 401k matching, internal career growth opportunities and employee recognition & engagement programs.
• Independently conceives and designs research or development projects, and is successful in obtaining their support through funding from external agencies or through internal review.
• Establish a record of successful research or development so that long term support is obtained and there is national and international recognition of the accomplishments.
• Publish manuscripts reporting on experimental studies and reviews related to the area of scientific expertise.
• Provide technical and scientific training and professional development opportunities to technicians, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows.
• Typically has unit-specific responsibilities with the scope of the job.
PhD with expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts in the field of blood component research required. Minimum 5-8 years directly related experience required, 10+ years directly related experience strongly preferred. Reputation as emerging leader in field with sustained performance and accomplishments.