Postdoctoral Fellows in Bioinformatics
JOB OPENING AT IRB BARCELONA
Postdoctoral Fellows in Bioinformatics (ref. PD/16/07)
IRB Barcelona seeks
We are seeking two postdoctoral fellows to conduct bioinformatics research on complex human pathologies, including Alzheimer´s disease, in the frame of the ERC funded project SysPharmAD. The main objective of the project is the identification of novel biomarkers in complex pathologies that correlate with clinical outcomes, to monitor the onset and progression of the pathology from very early stages, and to discover combinations of drug targets and chemical compounds able to modify the biology of the disease. For more information about the group, please visit http://sbnb.irbbarcelona.org
- Analyses and integration of RNA-seq and proteomics data collected from patients and animal models.
- Design and implementation of a systems pharmacology strategy, based on concerted multi-target perturbations, able to monitor and modify the biology of the disease.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
- PhD degree or equivalent in statistics, bioinformatics or computational biology
- Experience in the analyses of RNA-seq and/or proteomics data
- Experience in computational network/systems biology modelling will be an asset
- Remarkable publications record, according to career stage
- Excellent programming/scripting skills
- Positive organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 100 Postdoctoral researchers, most than a half of them are non-Spanish nationals, are currently working toward their research at IRB Barcelona.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Applications for the above opening should include CV, motivation letter and the names of two potential reviewers, and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com Reference: PD/16/07
- Deadline for applications: 08/01/2017 When the applicants do not fit the requirements, the deadline will be able to be extended.
- Number of positions available: 2
- Pre-selection: Will be based on CV, motivation letter and experience.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: An initial two-year contract (renewable). Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
For more information please visit our website at: www.irbbarcelona.org
Note: The strengths and weaknesses of the applications will be provided upon request.
If you, as an applicant, have any suggestion or wish to make a complaint regarding the selection process, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a response within a month.