Postdoctoral Research Fellows - Pathogen Genomics
The Pathogen Genomics group in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) uses high-throughput sequencing, functional genomics and bioinformatic tools to study genome biology and diversity of several important pathogens relevant to human and animal health. Details of the specific projects currently being undertaken by the group may be obtained from https://pgl.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Home.aspx. Two postdoctoral positions are available as part of expansion of the research group. Applications are invited from experienced computational biologists (with knowledge in microbiology and genetics) with proven track record in at least two of the following areas: genome assembly and variation, evolutionary genomics, gene expression and regulatory networks, and epigenomics. Previous work experience in microbial genomics will be a distinct advantage. One of these positions is available immediately to work on epigenomics of Theileria-bovine host cell interactions. The other position will be available from February 2017 to work on genomic and transcriptomic plasticity in apicomplexan parasites.
Desired skills and experience
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics with proven track record.
- Proficiency in large-volume NGS data analysis in Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience or knowledge on standard molecular biology and epigenetics.
- Prior research experience in epigenomics and relevant data analysis will be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to conduct research independently and work collaboratively with other scientists is required.
- The candidate should be prepared to travel internationally between the collaborating laboratories.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references by email to email@example.com
The positions come with an internationally competitive salary and benefits package and will remain open until filled.
KAUST is located on the Red Sea in Thuwal (80km north of Jeddah) in Saudi Arabia, is an international graduate-level research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through bold and collaborative research and to addressing challenges of regional and global significance. For more information about KAUST please go to www.kaust.edu.sa.