Postdoctoral Fellow (211745)
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support the Translational Research Program at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences’ (USUHS) Department of Dermatology located in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USUHS. Responsible for initiating and carrying out research projects in regenerative medicine and genomic/transcriptomic studies of mTOR activation in collaboration with a research team.
1. Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or development using both human and mouse samples, including immunodeficient and conditional knockout mice.
2. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential inventions and products to enhance skin or digit regeneration and uncover novel molecular components impacting the mTOR signaling pathway.
3. Performs specialized laboratory research utilizing experimental protocols which will involve specialized procedures such as whole genome sequencing, RNA sequencing, Western blot, immunohistochemistry, animal injections, wounding, ear punch, and bleedings.
4. Collects and handles samples and keeps detailed records of experiments.
5. Assists with the preparation of data for presentations at scientific meetings and for publication in journals.
6. Assists with training laboratory staff as needed.
7. Maintains cleanliness of laboratory areas.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of appropriate scientific area; ability to analyze and interpret data
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: PhD in a related scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting; intricate work with hands; carrying of light and moderately heavy laboratory equipment
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: May provide guidance to laboratory staff
Work Environment: Laboratory environment; may involve working with biohazardous materials; may require working evenings and weekends
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.