We are seeking two motivated postdoctoral researchers to join our lab at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York. Our lab specializes in large-scale analysis of complex genomics data, and we are particularly interested in understanding the principles of tumor evolution and tumor immunogenicity, i.e. how tumors evolve genomically over time and how the immune system responds to the subclonal composition of a tumor. We also have extensive expertise in analyzing non-coding variation from whole genome sequencing data. Our lab maintains close collaborations with clinical investigators at the institute, providing us with rich genomic data sets and offering unique opportunities for computational biologists to have immediate impact on how cancer patients are being treated today.
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field
- Interest in cancer biology and genomics
- Experience analyzing NGS data
- Proficiency in R, MATLAB, or other programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, etc.)
- Solid understanding of molecular biology
- Experience with cloud computing/compute cluster environments is a plus
- Experience with TCGA/1000 Genomes/ENCODE or other genomics data is a plus
- Develop computational methods to analyze and integrate various genomics data types
- Use existing tools and pipelines to analyze large-scale cancer genomics data (whole genome/exome, RNA-Seq, CHiP-Seq, etc.)
- Develop new approaches (using data integration/visualization) to address pertinent scientific questions
- Communicate research findings to collaborators and the scientific community at large
Successful candidates will pursue their research projects in a highly collaborative environment. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is consistently ranked as the leading cancer center in the world. Our main campus occupies three city blocks in the heart of New York City, next to The Rockefeller University and Weill Cornell Medicine. Within this tri-institutional research and education community, postdocs can cultivate rewarding collaborations and participate in a rich agenda of academic, professional, and social events. Compensation is highly competitive and includes health insurance and other benefits.
Informal inquiries and applications should be addressed to Nils Weinhold (email@example.com)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.