Sophia Genetics is one of the fastest growing Start-up companies in Europe, and the Global Leader in Data Driven Medicine and Clinical Genomics. Sophia Genetics works with health professionals to improve the analysis and understanding of genomic disorders. Founded in 2011, we already work with over 160 hospitals in 24 countries and participate to better diagnose thousands of patients weekly.
We are looking for people who have a passion for biomedical technologies and an interest in contributing to improved patient care: Individuals with integrity who instil confidence and can build trust with customers. We need self-starters who instinctively push themselves, and Sophia Genetics, to new levels of performance. We prize intellectual ability over experience, with an aptitude to learn and challenge the status quo.
You will be involved in our clinical next generation sequence (NGS) data analysis, specifically exploratory data analysis tasks, either from our own wet lab or the data from our collaborators.
Qualifications and Experience
You are motivated, enthusiastic and flexible. You are a team player and have the capacity to work independently on a project to completion.
You have expertise in NGS data analysis and high volume data visualization. You can demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- Strong data analysis experience using R/Bioconductor.
- Strong Linux bash scripting experience.
- Strong perl programming experience, and familiar with Python, and JAVA.
- Experience in amplicon based NGS data analysis, and in the analysis of high-throughput sequencing data (preferably Illumina and ionTorrent sequence data).
- Familiarity with Galaxy or other pipeline building system.
The candidate must speak English, any other language would also be an advantage.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting: as soon as possible.