Post-doctoral research fellow position in cancer immunology and immunotherapy
Career Opportunity – Post-doctoral research fellow position in cancer immunology and immunotherapy
Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI) is a national research institute within Hamad bin Khalifa University (HBKU). As a national research institute, QBRI aims to improve and transform healthcare through innovation in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting the Qatari population and the region. As a disease-focused institute, QBRI concentrates on applying integrative and multidisciplinary approaches to provide novel insights into the molecular basis of breast cancer, diabetes and neurological disorders, and the development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies to facilitate early diagnosis, treatment and management of these devastating diseases towards improving personalized medicine and healthcare.
Hamad bin Khalifa University, a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, is a research university located within Education City in Doha, Qatar.
Research Positions in cancer immunology and immunotherapy
A post-doctoral research fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Mariam AL-Muftah at QBRI. This position will allow an enthusiastic researcher to focus on investigating tumor immunology in triple negative breast cancer with the aim of identifying cellular and/or molecular key players and targets for the development of cancer immunotherapy.
Applicants should have the following:
- PhD in immunology, tumor immunology, cancer immunotherapy or a related field.
- Significant experience with a broad range of standard molecular biology techniques including isolation and manipulation of DNA, RNA and cDNA; PCR; gene cloning; and construction of recombinant plasmid and viral vectors.
- Strong experience with a broad range of cellular biology and immune cell function assays including ELISA, ELISPOT, Chromium-51 release assay and flow cytometry.
- Experience with murine models of anti-tumor cellular immune responses is also desirable.
- At least two first author, peer-reviewed publications.
- Successful candidates should be a scientifically driven; well-organized; able to plan, perform and manage research projects independently, and as part of a team; display a track record of effective communication of previous work in both oral and written format.
How to apply?
Please submit your complete application (a copy of curriculum vitae, a research statement and publications list, as well as the names and contacts of a minimum of three references) by email to: email@example.com or through the HBKU website: www.hbku.edu.qa/Jobs-QBRI
Completed applications will be reviewed and interviews will be arranged with selected candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Hamad bin Khalifa University is an Equal Opportunity educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining a culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.