Senior Scientist Protein Analytics
Exosome Diagnostics is a privately held company focused on developing and commercializing revolutionary biofluid-based diagnostics to deliver personalized precision healthcare that improves lives. Exosomes are messengers released by all living cells into biofluids, such as plasma/serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and saliva, forming a highly enriched source of RNA, DNA and proteins from their cell of origin. Our proprietary exosome-based technology platform can yield comprehensive and dynamic molecular insights about cells in the body without direct access to the actual cells. Through this novel technology, we are focused on transforming how cancer and other serious diseases are detected, diagnosed, treated and monitored. In 2016, we will launch multiple diagnostics, including liquid biopsy tests for lung, prostate and other solid tumor cancers.
We are expanding our R&D facility in Cambridge MA and are looking for a Senior Scientist with assay development experience for protein analysis, particularly in the field of biomarker discovery.
This is a position with a great opportunity for personal and professional development. It offers the chance to influence and contribute in the dynamic working environment of a rapidly growing company, developing a cutting edge technology for molecular diagnostics in personalized medicine.
This position requires an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset who is adaptable and able to fill different roles and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with an eye for details and good communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and integrating new proteomic technologies and approaches to solve complex biological problems.
- Preparation of biological samples (i.e. bio-fluids) and experience with methods such as protein extraction, immuno affinity enrichment, gel electrophoresis and liquid chromatography.
- Developing assays for biomarker screening and validation.
- Developing standard operating procedures, project management and supervision of Technical Assistants.
- Support of customer service projects.
- Report and document results and progress to colleagues and clients.
- PhD in a relevant scientific field with 5+ years of experience in a molecular biology laboratory preferably in industry or biotech.
- Highly experienced in a variety of proteomic techniques including protein chemistry, detection and analysis.
- Able to closely follow the scientific field of biomarkers in oncology.
- Self-motivated with the know how to prioritize and schedule multiple concurrent projects.
- Have good communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic with high energy level
What we offer:
- Competitive salary/benefits package and an attractive location in the vibrant Boston/Cambridge community of biotech and academic research.
- Opportunities to enhance your career with an emerging organization poised for significant growth.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter (Word or PDF format)
Please put Senior Scientist Protein Analytics  in the subject line.