Postdoctoral Research Associate – Bioinformatics & Microbial Genomics
We currently have an opening for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Bioinformatics & Microbial Genomics which is available immediately and located in Rockville, MD (USA). The successful candidate will join a team of researchers led by Dr. Jonathan Jacobs actively conducting genomics-based research in infectious disease diagnostics, microbiology, virology, and microbial forensics for a variety of government and industrial programs.
- A recent Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or Microbial Genomics.
- Experience with next generation sequencing data analysis, metagenomics, RNA-seq, and other "omics" data analytics.
- Scripting experience with one or more of the following: PERL, Python, or R.
- At least one first-author peer-reviewed publication.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for collaborative research environment.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible to obtain a Department of Defense Security Clearance.
Experience in the "wet lab" is also a benefit, but not a requirement for this position
We aim to attract new talent into MRIGlobal’s existing pool of forward thinking research scientists focused on applied research in environmental/agricultural biosurveillance, infectious disease clinical diagnostics, and microbial forensics. Appointments will be made for an initial period of two (2) years, with the possibility of additional extensions. Publication of research in peer-reviewed journals is expected.
We are proud to be an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing