2 RESEARCH GROUP LEADER POSITIONS
2 Research Group Leader positions
CECAD Excellence Cluster
With approximately 49,000 students, the University of Cologne is one of the largest universities in Germany and ranks among the Excellence Universities. It employs over 600 professors and 7,000 academic and non-academic staff.
CECAD is a unique research venture comprising researchers at the University of Cologne, at the Max Planck Institutes for the Biology of Ageing and for Metabolism Research and the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE). The mission of the Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging-associated Diseases (CECAD) is to unravel the common molecular mechanisms underlying aging and aging-associated diseases with the long-term objective of developing novel therapeutic interventions. CECAD announces two independent Research Group Leader positions.
start to build up a research group in areas that strengthen and complement 3 research fields:
- Cell-autonomous control of homeostatic mechanisms and cell responses in aging and age-associated diseases
- Stress response mechanisms of tissue-related and interorgan communication in aging and age-associated diseases
- Environment/organism interactions in aging and age-associated diseases
- Excellent track record on topics related to the mission of CECAD (http://www.cecad.uni-koeln.de/home/)
- Applications focused on non-cell autonomous mechanisms of aging and aging-associated disease mechanisms and strengthening the CECAD-associated consortium CRC 1218 “Mitochondrial regulation of cellular function (http://sfb1218.uni-koeln.de) are strongly welcome.
- Other areas of central importance are “Cell Death and Inflammation”, “Protein Homeostasis”, “Genome Maintenance”, “Epithelial Tissue Regeneration and Disease” and “Neuronal Integration of Environmental and Internal Energy State Signals”.
WE OFFER YOU
- Attractive start-up package that includes core support for personnel and direct costs for 5 years
- Access to state-of-the-art research facilities
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models, full-time positions suitable for job sharing
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The appointment is initially on a fixed-term basis of five years with a possible 2 years extension after successful review. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 15 TV- L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations. Women are strongly encouraged to apply and given priority in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We strongly welcome applications from individuals with severe disabilities or people of equivalent status. Severely disabled applicants of equal merit and qualifications will be given priority.
Applicants must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae including a full publication list, a statement of research interests, and contact information for at least three references. The candidate must hold a PhD or equivalent title. For more information, please contact Dr. Julia Zielinski. Applications with the reference number WISS1902-18 should be send to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is March 31st, 2019.
Apply for 2 RESEARCH GROUP LEADER POSITIONS
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly