Arrowhead is seeking a highly motivated, industry experienced scientist/senior scientist to join its process development group within the Chemistry Department. S/He will be expected to:
· Design and synthesize novel compounds for biological testing, and/or develop conditions for the preparation and isolation/purification of novel investigational compounds.
· Drive structure-activity relationship optimization to achieve project goal
· Characterization and identification of compounds using modern analytical methods including HPLC, LCMS and NMR
· Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare technical reports
· Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and perform experiments
· Be creative and innovative in problem solving
The successful candidate should have a B.S. or M.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience in in the pharmaceutical or related industry, or PhD in synthetic organic chemistry.
· Working knowledge of common analytical techniques, including the ability to independently conduct the analyses and accurately interpret the obtained data.
· Demonstrated track record of innovative scientific publications in high-profile journals or patents
· Superior laboratory skills and adherence to laboratory safety
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience in chemical biology is a plus
Experience working with the design and execution of multistep synthetic routes. Understanding of the drug development process.
Apply for Synthetic Chemist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly