Life Science Research Professional 2 at Stanford University
The Sean N. Parker Center is seeking a Life Science Research Professional 2 to perform more complex functions and activities involved in defined research projects, and independently conduct a portion of the research project(s).
- Independently conduct a portion of the research project(s). Make recommendations on experimental design and/or research direction to principal investigator.
- Independently conduct complex (lab and/or field) experiments to gather data for a portion of a major research project.
- Interpret and analyze results, often where few guidelines exist, and make modifications to existing procedures and protocols.
- Develop new research protocols where appropriate protocols are not described in the literature or where modification or adaptation of standard procedures and protocols is required.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams across different faculties or schools.
- Perform ongoing literature review to remain current with new procedures and related research; apply to ongoing research and development of new protocols.
- Contribute substantively to the preparation of papers for publication, especially in the results section, and to publication of findings. Present ongoing work to colleagues and/or academic conferences.
- Oversee supply and equipment budget under supervision of principal investigator or business manager.
- Work with health and safety department to ensure lab complies with regulations and all required training.
- Supervise (either formally or informally) staff or students as needed, including oversight and direction on techniques, as well as consultation on project work. Serve as a technical resource for other research staff.
- Oversee the daily activities of the laboratory including lab maintenance; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed. May assist with purchasing laboratory equipment.
*- Other duties may also be assigned
- Degree in biology, immunology or related field.
- Previous experience in Food Allergy and Immunology Research.
- Knowledgeable in patient care and other clinical aspects involved in Allergy.
- Skills in descriptive analysis, modeling of data, and graphic interfaces.
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree in related scientific field and two years of relevant work experience; or Master’s degree in a related scientific field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific principles.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Apply for Life Science Research Professional 2 at Stanford University
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly