PCOM South Georgia is located in Colquitt County, which is known for its thriving agricultural industry, hunting preserves and natural recreation areas. The area features affordable housing, an award-winning medical center, abundant recreation and entertainment options, a progressive school system, temperate climate, convenient location and much more.
PCOM South Georgia is seeking qualified individuals to educate Osteopathic medical students at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Educates students in the clinically orientated anatomical sciences (gross, microscopic, embryological, neurologic) in the classroom and cadaver dissection lab.
- Serve in leadership and membership capacities on college and faculty committees.
- Evaluates student progress in learning appropriate medical knowledge. Communicates these evaluations to the student and administrative/faculty members as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Ph.D., M.D. or D.O. degree is required.
- Have at least three (3) years of experience in medical education.
- Higher consideration is given to applicants with experience with problem-based, or case-based learning and distance learning.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
All inquiries MUST include:
- Letter of intent
- Statement of teaching philosophy and scholarly interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Salary requirements
- Three (3) references, preferably from current or former supervisors
PCOM adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.