Medical technical assistant (MTA) (m/w/d) or a biological technical assistant (BTA) (m/w/d)
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems seeks to understand the principles of perception, action and learning in autonomous systems that successfully interact with complex environments and to use this understanding to design future systems. The institute studies these principles in biological, computational, hybrid, and material systems. We take a highly interdisciplinary approach that combines engineering, computation, material science, and biology.
At our Stuttgart site, the Physical Intelligence Department (http://pi.is.mpg.de) focuses parts of its research on micro-robots, which, in the future, will be used in the human body to diagnose and treat diseases such as cancer.
The Physical Intelligence Department is searching for a full-time
Medical technical assistant (MTA) (m/w/d) or
a biological technical assistant (BTA) (m/w/d)
or similar qualification
• General laboratory work with primary and secondary cell and bacterial cultures (cultivation, mycoplasma test, staining, etc.)
• Support of the scientific personnel
• Maintaining the biological safety level standards (currently biosafety level S1 and possibly in the future S2)
• Assistance in organizing the laboratory and in the preparation of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Regular care and maintenance of laboratory equipment
• Completed education as medical technical assistant (MTA) or biological technical assistant (BTA) or similar qualifications
• Practical experience and theoretical knowledge about the handling and care of primary and secondary cell and bacterial cultures
• Practical experience in guiding and performing ELISA techniques
• Experience with various optical microscopy procedures favorable
• Experience with histological staining techniques preferable
• Ideally, practical experience in flow cytometry
• Willingness to potentially work on weekends
• High level sense of responsibility and motivation
• Ability to work well in a team and high level communication skills collaborating with colleagues and scientists in an international team (very good English skills required)
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative person who wants to join a dynamic international working environment. The Max Planck Society guarantees equal opportunity to all qualified applicants.
The position is initially limited to one year with the possibility of extension and a permanent position after several years. Salaries will be based on TVöD guidelines (Bund) according to previous experience and qualifications.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
The position will be open until filled but priority will be given to applications received by February 25, 2019.
For more information, please contact Patricia Martinez at email@example.com
Applications should be prepared in English or German, including a cover letter, current resume, relevant certificates, contact information for three professional references, and any additional documents that support your suitability for this position.
To apply please follow this link:
or as a hardcopy application to:
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems