Scientist, Cell Biology
We are seeking to expand our Exploratory team with the addition of a Scientist with a background in cell and molecular biology. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects focused on the development of novel cell therapies and will be responsible for evaluating SQZ-engineered cells in therapeutic applications. Specifically, this candidate will aid in the design and validation of SQZ-engineered cell therapies utilizing both in vitro assays and in vivo studies to test rational combinations of therapeutics with the goal of advancing the project into clinical development. The qualified individual will have a strong background in cell and molecular biology.
This position requires excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as this candidate will be expected to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment. Additionally, the successful candidate will contribute to the external scientific visibility of the company through collaboration with large pharmaceutical companies and serve as a subject matter expert in cell biology.
At SQZ, we're proud of our culture and always look to grow our team with people who share our values. We:
- Squeeze Together: We value teamwork, trust, and transparency as critical components for achieving our mission and exceeding our goals
- Question Boundaries: We’re committed to questioning the status quo and changing the world through our people and our science
- Zap Obstacles: We strive to be pioneers. We’re resilient when it comes to navigating challenges, anticipated or not, scientific and otherwise
- Design, plan, and execute complex ex vivo and in vivo assays to evaluate therapeutic efficacy with human and murine engineered cells
- Manage and support external collaborations as a subject matter expert in cell and molecular biology
- Participate in an interactive, team-oriented culture, interfacing primarily with a variety of project teams.
- Mentor research associates and junior scientists
- Document work in notebooks and technical reports
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute effectively in a cross-functional role
- Work independently and as part of a team consisting of a diverse group of science and engineering professionals
- Work well within a fast-paced, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Display excellent oral and written communication skills
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology or related discipline. Experience in cancer biology or regenerative medicine strongly preferred
- Strong background in cell culture. Prior experience with human and murine primary cells recommended
- Experience with transfection techniques such as electroporation, lipofection, and or viral transduction recommended
- Hands-on exposure to genome editing tools such as CRISPR/Cas9 or transient gene knockdown technologies such as RNAi a plus
- Prior experience with design of flow cytometry (FACS) panels and ability to perform analysis on both human and murine cells, tumors, and tissues a plus
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.