Scientist, Cancer Immunology
We are seeking to expand our Exploratory team by recruiting a Scientist with a background in cancer immunology. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects focused on the development of novel immune-therapeutics. The scientist will be responsible for evaluating SQZ-engineered immune cells in immuno-oncology applications. Specifically, this candidate will design and execute complex in vivo and ex vivo murine tumor studies with SQZ-engineered immune cells and test rational combinations of cancer therapeutics with the goal of advancing the project into clinical development. The qualified individual will have a strong background in tumor biology, immunology, oncology, and/or immuno-oncology.
This position requires excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as this candidate will be expected to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment. Additionally, the successful candidate will contribute to the external scientific visibility of the company through collaboration with large pharmaceutical companies and serve as a subject matter expert in immuno-oncology.
At SQZ, we're proud of our culture and always look to grow our team with people who share our values. We:
- Squeeze Together: We value teamwork, trust, and transparency as critical components for achieving our mission and exceeding our goals
- Question Boundaries: We’re committed to questioning the status quo and changing the world through our people and our science
- Zap Obstacles: We strive to be pioneers. We’re resilient when it comes to navigating challenges, anticipated or not, scientific and otherwise
- Design, plan, and execute complex in vivo and ex vivo assays to evaluate anti-tumor efficacy in mice
- Develop novel murine tumor models to investigate SQZ immunotherapies
- Design flow cytometry (FACS) panels and perform analysis on murine cells, tumors, and tissues
- Mentor research associates and junior scientists
- Document work in notebooks and technical reports
- Manage and support external collaborations as a subject matter expert in immuno-oncology
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings
- Participate in an interactive, team-oriented culture, interfacing primarily with a variety of project teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute effectively in a cross-functional role
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team consisting of a diverse group of science and engineering professionals
- Must work well within a fast-paced, dynamic and team-oriented start-up environment
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- PhD in immunology, cancer biology, or related discipline with 1-3 years of post-doctoral experience, preferably in industry environment
- Experience in cancer immunology is required
- Ability to independently perform in vivo anti-tumor efficacy studies (including tumor implantation and tumor monitoring)
- Skilled in ex vivo and in vitro assays involving complex immune cell culture systems, flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT, and intracellular cytokine staining
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.