(Contract) Research Associate, Formulation Design
This position is seeking a contract Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate who will be responsible for preparation and characterization of mRNA formulations within a dynamic and highly interdisciplinary environment. Understanding of nanoparticle preparation techniques and biophysical / chemical characterization is essential for this position. Experience with nucleic acid delivery systems is a plus. He/she will be responsible for executing lab experiments, reporting results, performing stability assessments, maintaining a high-quality lab notebook and working within a larger team of formulation scientists and associates. The successful candidate must have a foundation in pharmaceutical sciences and materials science/engineering. Applicants should be flexible team members able to function in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Preparation of novel formulations for delivery of mRNA
- Biophysical and chemical characterization of novel formulations using analytical techniques such as dynamic light scattering and HPLC
- Query the literature for formulation strategies and adapt new protocols into practice.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed record of experiments.
- Maintain accountability for project success and results delivery
- Communicate research and actively participate at group meetings
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS / MS with 0-3 years of industry experience in drug delivery, or nanoparticle formulations.
- Strong foundation in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering or related field.
- Expertise in nanoparticle synthesis and characterization
- Knowledge of nucleic acid delivery strategies is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player
- Self-motivation and commitment to excellence and innovation
- Flexibility / Adaptability to Frequent Change
- Results Orientated, Data Driven, Collaborative
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Strong critical and analytical thinking
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.