(Contract) Sr. Recruiter
This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the talent engine fueling a high-growth organization that is radically changing the biotech industry. As Moderna continues to grow, we need a seasoned life science recruiter to rapidly build talent pipelines, tenaciously hunt the best players in our industry (globally), and be a strong and visible talent business partner to our hiring leaders. We work as a team, we believe in striving for excellence, and we are relentless in our pursuit of the best talent in the industry. The anticipated time frame for this role is 6 months.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Partner with hiring managers and other Moderna leaders to lead recruiting efforts for our Research-based organization (Research (Oncology, Infectious Disease, Platform, New Venture Labs).
- Create and communicate robust sourcing and recruitment marketing strategies
- Tenaciously build talent pipelines through networking, employee referrals, cold-calling, events and other creative channels. The ideal candidate will not rely on incoming applications or external agencies as primary channels.
- Help define and reinforce a consistent recruiting process at Moderna that results in a superior candidate and hiring manager experience. This includes robust manager kick-off sessions, interview team prep/debrief sessions, and use of behavior-based interviewing skills and assigned focal areas.
- Leverage external and internal talent data to best inform hiring managers, and guide them to make smart hiring decisions
- Proactively develop strong partnerships with Moderna HR Business Partners and Total Rewards teams.
- Conduct in-depth talent phone screens, in-person interviews, and facilitate internal team discussions regarding candidates.
- Be bold in creating new ideas to identify, engage, attract, and assess talent into Moderna.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive experience as an in-house corporate recruiter in a life sciences environment - with an expertise in scientific/research-based roles.
- A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
- Ability to manage upwards of 10-15 mid-senior level searches - from Research Associate to Senior Leadership searches
- Demonstrated commitment to being seen as a true ‘talent advisor' to the business
- Exceptional sourcing skills (you are a tenacious hunter that turns over every rock and naturally builds talent networks)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - you are outgoing, communicative, and seek to build relationships on a daily basis
- You drive for results and set a high bar for yourself and others
- A nature ability to be organized in how you think, communicate and conduct your work
- A ‘digital first' mindset
- A curious mindset that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo
- Great pride in your work - you recruit because you love it and enjoy having an impact on the growth of the Company
- Respect for others and a desire to work as a team. We win together.
- Ability to walk between separate company locations within Kendall Square on a daily basis (all within close proximity of one another). A free shuttle is provided during winter months.
- Strong Excel skills and solid experience with PowerPoint and Word.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.