Sr. Security Engineer, IT Infrastructure
This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the talent engine fueling a high growth organization that is radically changing the biotech industry. We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer with experience in designing and maintaining IT security systems. Success in this position requires a thorough understanding of IT security across multiple domains. The individual must have a proven track record in delivering security solutions that are functional, secure, scalable, and reliable. In addition to having a solid technical background, this candidate must have strong communications skills, be able to work with an outsourced service provider, and have a passion for service. The ideal candidate will have worked in the Life Sciences industry. At Moderna, we work collaboratively as a team, boldly strive for excellence, are constantly curious and committed to ongoing learning and improvement and are relentless in our pursuit of the best talent in the industry.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design, implement and monitor security solutions within a hybrid cloud environment in support of an increasingly mobile workforce.
- Define security policies and translate them into specific technical guidance for IT and business teams.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Administer security-focused information systems, such as identity management, data loss prevention, SIEM, PKI, and eDiscovery/forensics.
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks relating to data, systems, and personnel and provide guidance on changes to reduce risk.
- Review violations of computer security procedures with and provide guidance to end users to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Provide security incident response and perform triage, log analysis and investigation of events within agreed upon response times.
- Perform (or coordinate) vulnerability and penetration testing and manage remediation of systems in response to findings.
- Work with legal, technology, and business partners to establish and maintain controls that protect data and appropriately manage its lifecycle.
- Understand complex technical issues and manage them within a fast-paced 24/7/365 business environment
- Actively contribute to a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Computer Science or related fields.
- 7+ years of direct experience as a Security Engineer
- Experience with Linux and Windows controls including patch management, security hardening, AV/AM, and other endpoint security solutions.
- Proficiency with modern networking and cloud connectivity security principles.
- Experience with Nessus or other vulnerability scanning technologies.
- Experience with IPSec VPN, KMS, MFA/2FA and PKI.
- Solid understanding of IT security principles including identity and access management, compliance, cloud security, encryption, BCP/DR and SIEM.
- Experience implementing or supporting some of or all the following: NIST CSF, ISO 2700x, SOX, HIPAA
- Cybersecurity related certification(s), including CCSP, CISSP etc.
- A passion for assessing emerging technologies and staying abreast of industry trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance wit