Engineer II, Automation
Moderna is seeking an Automation engineer for a position based at their Cambridge, MA site. The individual in this role will focus on the development of custom automated equipment for use in the Research, development and production of messenger RNA. He/she will primarily test and implement this equipment as well as play a key role during the design and build process. The individual will be part of a small hardware development team presently at Moderna. The successful candidate must have 2+ years of Electromechanical or Automation Engineering experience and be able to show a relevant portfolio of accomplishments
Here's What You'll Do:
- Basic mechanical CAD design
- Basic electrical cabinet design and layout
- Evolve existing PLC/HMI software on the automated equipment in order to successfully land the production process on the automated equipment.
- Develop own, as well as assisting other engineers with the conceptualization, detailed definition and development of equipment.
- Be accountable for deployment of finished operational instruments for use at Moderna Therapeutics
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS Electromechanical, Biomedical engineering, MS Electromechanical, Biomedical engineering
- 2-4 years in relevant field. Life sciences is a Plus
- Knowledge of CAD modeling, firmware/software development required, knowledge of Solidworks, PLC programming (Allen-Bradley CompactLogix) is preferred.
- Skills required: Analytical approach, creative problem solving, vendor communication, MS Office.
- This candidate will be hands-on, methodical, and well organized with a proven track record of successful equipment design
- Prior success in developing automated equipment, life sciences is a plus
- Familiarity with a variety of sensor technologies, and GMP Experience is a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, respectful, with exemplary work ethic in line with our mission.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.